SierraScrapper Digi Adventures

an experiment in all that is digital~

Quick Little Update September 12, 2008

Filed under: Digital Scrapbooking,Hybrid Projects — sierrascrapper @ 6:20 am
Tags: ,

Hey friends,

Sorry for no posts lately.  After the fun weekend up in the mountains, I’m still trying to recover.  Also, I’m trying hard to work on packing the house for our upcoming move in 3 weeks.  WHEW!  I got called into work yesterday too, so that put a dent in all my plans (like I had “real” plans LOL).

I did start working on a new project today though.  I am going to be in a new recipe swap with my local scrapbook group.  I’ve started typing in the recipe info and created the background and added a fun recipe card elemnt, but I think I hit a roadblock when I tried figuring out the other elements I wanted.  HMMM  It’s fun though and hopefully I’ll have it done soon.  I recently participated in another recipe swap with the same group.  I actually made that recipe page as a hybrid as I was just getting my feet wet with the digi side of scrapping.  It was a FUN challenge and I actually made this project in Corel Draw instead of Adobe Photoshop.  What a difference it is to work with Adobe!  Here is a pic of my hybrid LO from our first recipe swap…

Peachy Pull Aparts HyBrid Project

Peachy Pull Aparts HyBrid Project


Jessica Edwards – Rhinestones


Heather’s Scrapbook Designs – Flowers, PP


SeleneHeart – Flourishes


Amy Teets – Brads


Title Letters – Shawn

I printed the background page with the swirlies and title on it, then cut to 8×8 size.  I printed some of the purple patterned paper and punched a flower out of it using my EK Success Paper Shaper.  I printed the large flower out as is and cut it out by hand.  I did that with the other flower too.  They were not easy to cut out and it would’ve been much easier to do it with a die cut or paper shaper.  I printed out some pink patterned paper too and punched out the small flower.  I went out and bought a few rhinestone pieces at the craft store to place in the centers of the flowers.  I printed the recipe out on purple paper and cut that shape out and rounded the corners with my corner punch.  I added real brads where they were printed.   That was my first hybrid project and it was a LOT of fun to make!  I can’t wait to share my next digi recipe.  It will be another hybrid project.

Hope you enjoyed this little post, even if some of my friends have already seen this before.